Wednesday 16 November 2011

INTERCULTURAL

     
Intercultural


      Among my 3 main drawings which I drew for the final were butterflies, flowers and a drawng of earth. I have chosen the flower to be my main picture as a flower brings out so many meanings to an intercultural being. I have drawn a simple flower and colored it differently as every color has its own perspective or viewpoint in culture.                                                                                             


1st Drawing



I have only changed the background color of the drawing and added few different colors on the butterfly.



I have also changed the texture of the background to a little rough texture.


 2nd Drawing



For this drawing, I have only changed the color of the earth and the people surrounding it. I also edited the background and given it a brighter background.




   Final Drawing
-Flower Drawing-




-I drew this flower and outlined the edges with darker black marker. I have used bright colors for the flowers and i used two colors as for blue, I have used a light and dark coating.

- I started by setting the size of the drawing to (16 by 20 ) portrait.



-     -     I wanted to create an interesting effect to my painting, so I used few tools to create a colorful drawing. Since it is intercultural, I blended in bright colors such as blue, red and purple. I moved from light to dark tone in giving a flower a bright effect.
-       -   I used black for the background to bring out the flower and I tiled up the drawing to make it look more interesting.
-      -   I also used lasso tool to make sure that my outside lining which I darken with black ink to be right border line. I also used this tool to inserts colors in. 






After editing, my final piece of the flower created this effect which is brighter. I defined the colors of the flowers for three main races here which are Malay, Indian and Chinese.






As stated in my earlier design work, the artist that I choose as a reference was Leonardo da Vinci. To achieve and closely relate my drawings to him, I have chosen to use different color and background to somewhat come up with an artwork that is similar to Leonardo da Vinci.

-       -  I have changed the color of the flower and the background to a darker color. I choose to go with brown and I played along with the tone of brown from dark to light to give an effect to the drawing.
-     -    I changed the texture of the drawing, and used a soft brush stroke approach towards the flower drawing.
-       -     I also used the distort tool and gave it a diffuse glow to bring out the drawing.





-        - I used the color brown, from light to dark brown and adjust the drawing. the lower part is darker and its gets lighter towards the up.

- I adjust the graininess, glow and clear amount of the drawing to give it an effect. I created a mild glow on the painting. 





After adjusting everything, I have given it an edgy look and I have related my flower more to my reference artist.

   
My final art piece was a combination from all of my tryout towards my drawing. I gave my drawing a classy look and made sure it is more on intercultural. I have closely related my final artwork to my reference artist. I used his ways on darkening the edges of my painting and filled my center to look real. I have emphasized my flower in a way it gets clearer as it reaches the main viewpoint. 



-         I have controlled the brightness and the sharpness of the picture


Finally, I gave it a little poster effect. I have also used brush stroke tools for the edges of the painting.




MY FINAL ARTWORK











No comments:

Post a Comment